This sweet & spicy dish hits the spot! I was craving both BBQ & Tacos, after contemplating on which meal I wanted to have, I figured why not combined them both?! Why not saute up some diced chicken breast with my favorite seasons & smother the chicken in a sweet – spicy honey BBQ sauce & cheeses. But the dish did not go as planned! Do things in life ever go as planned? NO! situations in life turn out either better or worse. But, thank the Most high this situation turned out BETTER! This dish was suppose to be Tacos but turned out as quesadillas. I was not complaining! & You will not complain as well once you get your lips wrapped around these sweet -spicy quesadillas!
Ingredients For Chicken
- Olive oil
- 5 Chicken Breasts Diced Small to Medium size
- Salt & Pepper (Enough to cover breasts)
- 3 tsp Garlic- Rosemary Seasoning
- 3 tsp Onion Powder
- 3 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 PKG McCormick Hot Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Cup Honey BBQ Sauce
- Kraft Mexican Blend Cheese
- Bag of Flour Tortillas (Medium Size)
Instructions For Chicken
- Small to Medium dice chicken breasts on cutting board. In a medium mixing bowl season diced chicken breasts with first 4 ingredients drizzled with olive oil. Mix with hand until chicken is well coated with seasonings & Olive oil.
- Heat saute pan on high & saute diced chicken breasts until golden brown. Drain any excess oil.
- Add 1 PKG of McCormick Hot Taco Seasoning Mix, Add 1 Cup of water & simmer for 2 minutes. Mix & toss with spatula until well mixed and sauce becomes thick.
- After 2 Minutes, Turn off heat & pour 1 Cup of Honey BBQ Sauce & toss with spatula until it coats chicken. Put lid on top of pan & set aside
Instructions For Quesadillas
- Heat another pan on Medium -High & Add 1 tsp of Butter.
- When butter has melted add a flour tortilla to the pan until golden brown on 1 side. As tortilla is browning add a sprinkle of Mexican Blend Cheese on top (White Side Face Up).
- Melt the cheese & add 1 Scoop of the sweet – spicy honey BBQ chicken breast mix on top of melted cheese & fold tortilla like an envelope with spatula & press down firmly. Firm enough until envelope sticks together.
- Scoop tortilla envelope with a spatula & onto a plate & cut down the middle with a knife or spatula like a triangle. You should have 2 medium size triangles & if you like you can cut the 2 in half again to make 4 small triangles.
- Serve with Sour Cream & Enjoy!